This is another delicious recipe made from the African Honey! I had it out at the BBQ fundraiser, for any who attended. It makes a delicious BBQ sauce!
Makes about a cup. Keeps in the fridge for several months, if you don’t eat it first!
HEAT IN A POT:
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
WHEN SOFT ADD:
- 1/2 cup African Bronze Honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or molasses
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne if you want it hot.
Stir well. Cook on medium heat. Stir frequently so it doesn’t burn. It’s ready when it’s thick enough that it doesn’t run when spread on your burger.